STEP 1) Open the APPLE menu and click System
STEP 2) Click the Network icon located in the Internet
& Network section.
- Select Internal Modem from the Show drop down menu.
- Click on the TCP/IP tab.
- Click the arrow box on the Configure drop down list and choose Using
- Leave the Domain Name Servers text box blank.
- Leave the Search Domains text box blank.
- Click on the PPP tab.
- In the Account Name field, type your entire Saw.Net email address
- In the Password field, type your Saw.Net password.
Note: Password is case sensitive! Make
sure CAPS LOCK is off when typing it.
- In the Telephone Number field, type a local Saw.Net access number.
- Check with your local telephone company to make sure that the access
number you choose is a local toll-free call.
- When you enter the access number, type it exactly as you would dial it
from your home phone.
- Do not include a 1 or the area code unless you have to dial it to make
a local call from your home telephone.
- If you are dialing from a hotel, office, or other phone system that
requires you to dial a digit such as 9 to get an outside line, insert
that number before the access number.
- To disable call waiting while using the internet, insert the call
waiting defeat code (usually *70) before the access number. Note: only
insert this code if you have call waiting on the line you will connect
with. Check with your phone company to determine the code to use for
- Check the box next to Save password.
- In the Alternate Number field, type another local Saw.Net access
number, if one is available in your area.
- Click the PPP Options button.
- Check the box next to Connect automatically when starting TCP/IP
- Uncheck the box next to Prompt to stay connected.
- Uncheck the box next to Disconnect if idle.
- Check the box next to Disconnect when user logs out.
- Click the OK button.
STEP 6) Click on the Proxies tab and make sure ALL
boxes are unchecked.
- Click on the Modem tab.
- Click the arrow box on the Modem drop down list and choose your
modem (e.g. Apple Internal 56K Modem (v.90) for Macs with built-in
- Check the box next to Enable error correction and compression in modem.
- Check the box next to Show modem status in menu bar.
- Click the Apply Now button.
- Close the Network window.